Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Time for a new cutter (Read 146 times)
27. Jul 2017 at 16:52

stickershock23   Offline
I Love YaBB 2!

Kevin..

My QE60    used to be my go to  for doing TINY   details (I do a lot of lettering  1/4" and smaller)   but I just cant get it to work any more..   its pulling up   triangle corners..   I have tried rounding   off  the corners more   pressures   speed   new blades and holders   cleaning the machine etc   and it has not really changed.. (or at least gotten to the point it used to cut at) 

its only in one direction    cuts that start at the left  and go to the right  so Im sure my machine is just getting worn out..  heck I've had it for 10 years  using it every day..

anyways   the question is    they no longer make the QE60    and now make the QE6000    will singo  still drive that machine??    im thinking about  buying one..

the funny thing is    the QE  cuts details better than the Graphtech (even though they are both made by the same  people)     I think the graphtech  is set up more for cutting printed vinyl   and not for tiny details.. 

UNLESS you can recommend a cutter that is fantastic at this kind of stuff that  singo supports!

anyways  just wondered  before I pull the trigger!

thanks man

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 27. Jul 2017 at 17:26

Kevin Wallace   Offline
Global Moderator
SignGo Support

The QE6000 is a rebranded Graphtec CE6000 I believe.

In my experience the fine detail cut quality of the Graphtec is about as good as a friction fed plotter gets. Not sure why your Graphtec is struggling with that.. I guess you're using the correct blade (45 deg angle, 0.45mm offset)? On the machine ensure the tool is set to CB09U and offset to ZERO. In SignGo tool offset should also be ZERO.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 28. Jul 2017 at 18:40

stickershock23   Offline
I Love YaBB 2!

Not  so much strugging with the  Graphtec... the problem is I do more BIG   printed stuff on it   paint masks   wraps   big graphics that  are laminated  etc etc 

I can change the blade and the setting to do the fine details  but then I have to change it back  for the big stuff..    so id rather  just   have two machines  one for each thing.. 

thanks for the advice on the  QE...  I imagine  were good on a driver for it then...    I'll probably pull the trigger on it!

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 01. Aug 2017 at 19:56

Kevin Wallace   Offline
Global Moderator
SignGo Support

Sorry for the late reply. The Graphtec driver should work fine unless the USB Vendor and/or product ID has been changed, in which case we can sort that out for you if you let us know.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1