SignGo Home

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
SignGo Wish List/Suggestions (Read 3185 times)
14. Jan 2016 at 19:06

whackamole   Offline

I don't see a thread specifically related to this on the forums so I'm hoping we can use this post as a way for customers to pro-actively suggest improvements for future versions of SignGo.

I think with our suggestions we have to be mindful of how difficult (or how much time) some of these things take to implement and be realistic with our desires. It would also seem helpful if you can give a short reasoning behind your suggestion.

I would like to suggest incorporating SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) import file format. There is a huge craft industry out there that invest in small cutters for scrapbooking and card making. Their users tend to gravitate towards two pieces of cutting software called Make the Cut! and Sure Cuts A Lot. They are relatively inexpensive pieces of software and because of that they have a low entry point and a large following. The main file format they use is SVG. Also the free and Open Source Inkscape vector drawing program (think mini version of Illustrator or CorelDraw) uses SVG as it's main file format.

Targeting this file file format may encourage users of these communities to migrate to SignGo when they realize they need a more professional piece of software as their demands increase. It would be an excellent selling point.

I would like to suggest improving the way one sets up their cutter making it easier to change device settings  (possibly creating a device setup area under settings or options area). As it is now with version 1.18 and 1.20, you have to have something drawn on the canvas before being allowed to enter the cutting interface (the buttons are greyed out until this happens). This makes sense for cutting objects obviously, but not for setting up the cutters or printers or doing layout adjustment tests. It's frustrating to have to do this every time you wish to make adjustments. At least, duplicate the Cut Tab's Cutter dropdown and setup/delete form fields under the Settings > Options area.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 14. Jan 2016 at 19:20

whackamole   Offline

I would like to suggest adding small text labels and tool-tip pop-ups to the buttons in the Cut > Layout interface. At first I was going suggest adding a rotate button but after random discovery, I clicked on the arrow button. It swaps the width and height orientation effectively rotating the object 90 degrees. It was not obvious to do this from the icon drawing on the button. No tool-tip text popped up on mouse-over to teach me this capability.

It would be nice if there was a complete rotation form field in this interface too however as though 90 degree rotation is helpful, it might not be exactly what it desired. A user should be able to type in whatever amount of rotation they wish in a form field (including negative values). I realize you can exit the CUT area altogether and accomplish this in the main drawing canvas interface but it breaks flow and ease of use.

A Mirror button would be helpful too allowing both horizontal and vertical axis flipping options.

It would make sense that in order to implement these features the form dialogue box interface needs to be bigger (there is nothing wrong with this). It frustrates me that software makers (Microsoft does this too) have such small portal windows in place to "save space" but don't come at the design from a user experience perspective. Cramming tools and utility in an absurdly small interface and to then not label what things do is a very frustrating experience. At least make the UI draggable in a corner so it can be expanded if desired.   

Mouse Scroll Wheel Zoom This is an essential UI experience improvement for the main sign canvas (creation/drawing) interface. Zoom-in to point when scrolling the mouse wheel. Same for scrolling out in the opposite direction. Using the keyboard or button interface is tedious and breaks design flow.

Consistent use of the word color or colour under the Settings > Colours dropdown. This is just being picky, but pick one and stick to it.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 14. Jan 2016 at 19:58

whackamole   Offline

The last button in the tools toolbar is Alignment yet it doesn't have a tool-tip that pops up like all other buttons. The only way I was able to figure out what this icon was was by looking at the information bar at the bottom of the interface window.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 10. Mar 2016 at 20:49

Kevin Wallace   Offline
Global Moderator
SignGo Support

Comments appreciated and taken aboard. We are working toward making improvements to SignGo just as soon as possible.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 12. Jun 2016 at 21:56

Michael_J   Offline
Long Island, NY

Add a weeding option, that not only creates a box around the cut, but actually assists in weeding.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1