SignGo Home

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
VE Model GRC-61 (Read 9343 times)
05. Jun 2013 at 00:12

natelrose   Offline
Forum Newbie

I have an old Vinyl Express Model GRC-61 sign cutter that I purchased around 2000 that I would like to use for our church. I would like to use it on a newer windows computer with windows 7. I noticed you have the driver with your SignGo software but will it work with 64 bit? If not could you recommend a work around? -Thanks-

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 05. Jun 2013 at 16:14

Kevin Wallace   Offline
Global Moderator
SignGo Support

Yes, SignGo will work with Win7 64-bit. Note that your cutter has serial and Parallel ports. Most new computers are not fitted with either of these port types so you may need to purchase a USB to serial adaptor or a USB to Printer (Centronics) adaptor to make the physical connection to your computer.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 06. Jun 2013 at 23:31

natelrose   Offline
Forum Newbie

Thanks for the info Kevin, I have a few other questions and concerns, if you would be so kind to help me with them I would greatly appreciate it. (1.) I've ordered a USB to serial adapter and I'm presently waiting for it to be delivered.  I've noticed that they mention using it with a printer, will any of them work with vinyl cutter's as well or do I need to buy one that work's specifically with a vinyl cutter? (2.) I've talked with other vinyl sign cutter software representatives and most of them have told me that their drivers for Windows 7 will not work with Vinyl Express mod grc-61 Panther cutter's. If I purchase SignGo Lite I guess I just want to be assured that it will definitely work with my cutter. (3.) Is Castop Lite software and SignGo Lite software the same? (4.) Sign Warehouse will sell me the LXi Expert software that will work with my cutter however I would like your unbiased opinion concerning that software and SignGo lite software. THANKS!!!

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 07. Jun 2013 at 11:21

Kevin Wallace   Offline
Global Moderator
SignGo Support

1. Serial printers use the same type of interface as cutters so it should be fine. Just remember to use your original serial cable to attach the USB adaptor to your cutter.
  2. There should be no problem driving your GRC-61 using SignGo Lite. As you have a free 30 day trial you will be able to fully test everything before you buy.
  3. Castop Lite is almost the same but has a different support package. Telephone support is included with Castop Lite but not SignGo Lite.
  4. Unfortunately I have no experience with LXi Expert software. I can only advise on issues concerning SignGo. Perhaps a trial version of that software is available for you to install and test such as SignGo.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 08. Jun 2013 at 03:30

natelrose   Offline
Forum Newbie

Thanks Kevin, you have been very helpful!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1