SignGo Home

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Cutting Directly from Corel Draw X3 (Read 3367 times)
09. Nov 2011 at 08:08

moxie designz   Offline
Forum Newbie
California

Does anyone have any information or tutorial on how to trace then directly cut from Corel Draw x3 on images that get vectorize?

I have been using SignGo for years now, but only to cut fonts. I havent had much success with their Trace function.  Probably because i dont understand all the additional option asked after you initiate the trace.  If theres a tutorial on that I would like to see that as well.  
PM me on here.

« Last Edit: 11. Nov 2011 at 07:56 by moxie designz »  
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 09. Nov 2011 at 19:08

Alan   Offline
Global Moderator

Much safer to obscure your email on an open forum- screen scrapers will grab that email Sad  so modified.

if you trace in X3 then save as AI version 4 files and open in signgo. You can cut directly from corel, you need a plugin to generate the data. Some cutters come with extra programs for this (roland and graphtec come to mind) there are a couple of plugin programs I think but not cheap...

Otherwise whats the problem? there are various replies about tracing here in signgo. the basics are,
Good artwork - sufficent resolution to trace - google images is usually a source of tears as the quality and resolution is poor and the jpegs are seriously over compressed to keep file size down.

Preferably black and white artowrk and not jpegs, trace in two colours using one of the presets (mostly curves usually works well) then size and cut.
Ths short tutorial shows tracing of a colour image but gives the idea
tracing a contour

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 11. Nov 2011 at 08:01

moxie designz   Offline
Forum Newbie
California

Thanks for replying Alan.

Yeah most of the artwork i want to cut isnt very great artwork. It doesnt trace well on SignGo, but seems much cleaner in Corel. 

Im currently using the Desay XY380, and would love to get more information about plugins or drivers that are need to cut directly from Corel. I normally use SignGo for font cuts, but I've been trying to cut the Sons of Anarchy logo and SignGo just gives me the craziest trace.

Please help  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 11. Nov 2011 at 08:12

Kevin Wallace   Offline
Global Moderator
SignGo Support

Perhaps you bare trying to trace with multiple colours? You will get best results by reducing colours to just 2. In the Trace toolbar you will see a small white box in the middle that defaults to 16. Set to 2 and press Enter, then try tracing.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 11. Nov 2011 at 20:39

Alan   Offline
Global Moderator

I assume you have the rights to reproduce this logo. in which case you should have access to a high resolution image. the detail suggests a pixel count of  5000 by 8000 pixels will be required for any trace program.

If you do not have the rights then?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1