Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
New Board ! (Read 4948 times)
13. Jul 2007 at 07:31

Alan   Offline
Global Moderator

We have a new board,
The registration requires users to activate their account after registering and before they can log in the first time. When an account is being created, an email is sent to the address used for registering. 
The email contains an activation link through which the account is activated. If activation is not done during the time span given which is 24 hours, the account is disabled and a new account needs to created in order for you to enter the forume  Smiley

There are a few new smilies Smiley Smiley
  Smiley Smiley to play with  Grin

Please check your profiles and turn off email display unless your happy for it to be displayed, this board is visable to guests and can be read by automated spiders  Sad

Admin
« Last Edit: 01. Nov 2007 at 21:07 by Forum Admin »  
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 24. May 2008 at 17:46

Alan   Offline
Global Moderator

I would advise folks to hide email addresses as I have just cleared several spammers off the board, no doubt they were here to harvest email addresses   Smiley

These came with .ru and .ea email addresses, I will see if its possible to ban these.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 27. May 2008 at 15:00

Bob_W.   Offline
5-year user, new to the
forum
Ft. Myers, FL

Alan-
Thought the problems you helped me with recently might be handy for other members.

1. If you've just gotten a new display and suddenly circles and squares appear distorted on your screen, go to control panel, to display to settings and test the various screen resolutions. Apparantly the proportions vary among the options. Keep trying until circles appear round, and squares appear square.

2. If you're using standard display colors, the working background around your sheet is dark grey, and there is not enough contrast to display vector drawings you may be working with off the sheet.  Go to control panel, to display, to appearance and experiment with color schemes. I particularly like pumpkin and spruce as they provide a background things will show against. Spruce is also easier on the eyes. There are more options if you also select windows classic.

3. You might also suggest that members check out www.logmein.com. I use their free service to work remotely on my shop computer from home and home from shop. It allows you to work as if you were sitting in front of the distant computer.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 27. May 2008 at 23:39

Alan   Offline
Global Moderator

Great tips  Cool

I'll add one more for comfort. For those with CRT screens (I use one as currently the colour is better then LCD ones except for a few rare and expensive beasts) make sure the display frequency is over 72hz to kill any flicker.

LCDs are not affected by this problem.

LCD screens though should have their video resolution set to the same as the actual screen pixels to prevent alaising and scaling problems.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1