SignGo Home

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Anyone use a Master xy-300p vinyl cutter plotter (Read 36209 times)
30. Oct 2004 at 22:10

mrphotoman   Offline
Forum Newbie
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

How do you like it?  Are their any drawbacks?  My budget is under $900 and this plotter seems to have all I want.  Does it work with win xp and is it compatible with most software?  Does it cut small graphics accurately?  I am 100% totally new to vinyl cutting so any info you have is appreciated.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 11. Nov 2004 at 06:35

o_rety   Offline
Forum Newbie
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

I use this machine. It's great- cut from Corel Draw without any other software like Co-cut, SignTools- but you must have a driver for  Windows. If you heve any question i can help you.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 25. Feb 2005 at 02:25

hugoopp   Offline
Forum Newbie
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

can you helpme, i cant configured my xy-300p i have a winpc sign letter 12 , but nothing i download hardloch updates but NOTHING, please helpme bodie
thanks

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 10. Mar 2005 at 05:50

Madman   Offline
Forum Newbie
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

I'm interested in the driver for windows to cut from corel, I have flexi starter and its crap, it's just 60% of corel. You can email me @ r_davies355@hotmail.com

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 10. Mar 2005 at 06:23

o_rety   Offline
Forum Newbie
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

You can use a Graphtec 1000-60 driver.
Every time you start you must set start point (left side on your MASTER- in MASTER standart is the right side).
Cut with OUTLINE: hairline,
no FILL.,
everythig COMBINE !

Enjoy it !

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 03. Apr 2005 at 08:05

shatterproof   Offline
Forum Newbie
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Can someone e-mail me the driver for the xy-300p to shatter_proof@sbcglobal.net?

Thanks!

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 23. May 2005 at 07:54

Wayne   Offline
Forum Newbie
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

I could also use the driver that will let me cut from Corel ..... and does anyone have a driver for the Master XY 300P for Flexi Sign ?

If anyone has any drivers for this machine .. please email me   xeroid@kos.net

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 20. Jun 2005 at 20:18

SignTrainer   Offline
Forum Newbie
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

I have the driver that allows you to use the Master cutter DIRECTLY out of any CorelDraw. I will gladly e-mail it to anyone who needs it. Apparentlly DeSay wants $50 for it.

Richard
www.SignTrainer.com
or
ask@SignTrainer.com

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 07. Feb 2006 at 02:33

ebecker   Offline
Forum Newbie
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

for just standard vinyl what downforce and speed is suggested? I am using 200mm/s and 205 g  and my lines do not com out clean and neither do points, especially on smaller stuff, but larger items also

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 07. Feb 2006 at 03:11

sign_Trainer   Offline
Forum Newbie
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Your problem is likely NOT to be as much the downforce as it is the amount of blade you have sticking out.

Too much blade will do the following ....Plunge TOO deep in the initial entry into the vinyl, causing a bit of an explosion effect that, microscopically speaking, creates a mountain range around this new hole ....then the blade has to turn around to begin it's travel, adding to the problem.

When the blade reaches the END of it's cut it runs in to the jammed up mess created by the initial problem, turns a bit due to the resistance given, and never quite makes it back to the starting point. Weeding is a real problem as a result of this. If you look VERY closely at the letterrs you will see this explosion I speak of.

This is easily solved by adjusting the blade so that LESS of the point is showing. This is true with ALL cutters.

IF / when you have too much down pressure, the effects will be that the blade will cut too deep into the backing paper, jamming the edges of the vinyl in to this trench ( kinda like tucking your shirt into your pants but not doing a very good job of it) and when you try to weed or seperate the vinyl from the paper, it will want to take part of the paper with it.

Hope these tips help everyone

Richard
www.SignTrainer.com

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 12. Feb 2006 at 23:59

sign_Trainer   Offline
Forum Newbie
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Many of you have contacted me about a driver and I have supplied them. Let me add this ... you can use a Graphtec 2000-60 driver for the Master which is an HP/GL driver, which is mostly the same as windows drivers for Rolands, or HP/GL Standard drivers, or a whole lot of other HP\GL based drivers. This is the basic standard for cutters, and have only small differences usually. ( like where the starting point is ..Left vs. ight).

If you cannot find one or cannot download one, you can contact me through the www.SignTrainer.com website and go to the User Form and request it. You MUST have a yahoo e-mail for me to send it. Most other spam guards will block this type of file.

Richard
www.SignTrainer.com
"Sign Shop Training Videos for Beginners"
Tampa, Fl
813-814-7611
www.AABestSigns.com

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 13. Feb 2006 at 16:52

Kevin Wallace   Offline
Global Moderator
SignGo Support

How about trying SignGo? It has all the Desay drivers built in!

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 14. Feb 2006 at 04:03

thewalleyeguy   Offline
Forum Newbie
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Kevin,
Apparently, SignGo software is not compatible with a USB to Serial Bridge, a real problem since my laptop doesn't have a Serial port.  I REALLY want to use your software but it just won't coomunicate with the plotter.  If you can figure it out I'd be MORE than happy to buy this software. By the way I have a master 380 plotter I bought from Desay and they referred me to your software.
Rob

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 14. Feb 2006 at 04:09

Alan   Offline
Global Moderator

I have signgo running on a laptop with a USB to serial cable - this did not work as installed as the USB device set its com port on COM 9!

a delve into the device manager and the ports section - under advanced on the serial port I reset it to com4 and now all is happy.

The Bridge device is I guess a similar thing, check in the device manager which port it has set itself up on, currently signgo only works with COM1 to COM4 ( its on my wish list to break this restriction - please kevin - Grin )

IP Logged

Reply #14 - 03. Mar 2006 at 03:35

SignTrainer   Offline
Forum Newbie
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

ATTN ALL .....

I no longer have this driver to distribute, since lightning hit my computer last month and wiped it out, and I did not have a [GOOD]  backup.

You can use a Graphtec 2000-60 driver for this. Once you find and download it, I will send you the instructions on how to set it up.

Also.. you may find my 90-Minute Training Video to be helpful, especially since it devotes 35 minutes to using CorelDraw to design and cut from. Just having the driver is not enough, you must learn thru one form or another, how to make Corel work with it.

Richard
www.SignTrainer.com
"Sign Shop Training Video for Beginners "
Visit our User Forum / Classifieds also
www.AABestSigns.com
Tampa, Fl.
813-814-7611

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3